Eastern Mediterranean Region
- © CBM/Heiner Heine
The goal of CBM’s Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean Region is to develop relevant, sustainable and effective strategies and programmes in the field of disability and development. To achieve this we cooperate with local partner organisations, persons with disabilities and their representative organisations, national and regional stakeholders, as well as national and international advisors.
Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean Region
- National cross-disability programme Pakistan with strategic partner organisation 'Comprehensive Health and Education Forum International '
- Cross-Disability Governorate Pilot Programme in Yemen with new Partner Social Fund for Development.
- Disability Monitor Initiative - Middle East , a joint initiative of Handicap International and CBM that aims at identifying and sharing regional Good Practice Examples and advocates for the rights of persons with disabilities in the region.
- Comprehensive educational programme for children with impaired vision in the West Bank in cooperation with Strategic Partner Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation.
- Tanja Kern, Regional Director
- Stefanie Heil, Manager Programme Development, Middle East
- Lars Krause,
Manager Programme Development, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan
- Solveig Koch, Manager Operations, Funding and Visibility
- Manuel Unten Kanashiro, Designated Funding Officer
- Gaby Foerster, Administrative Officer
- Ute Liebetrau, Assistant, Communication Officer
- Jana Kaninski, Project Implementation & Monitoring Officer
- Abdoulaziz Issaka, Finance and Project Implementation & Monitoring Officer