- © CBM
CBM's Niger Country Office works together with a network of six partner organisations to support the delivery of medical, educational, rehabilitative and socio-economic services to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the country.
- NGO Karkara
- NGO NIGETECH
- The National Blind Union, Niger (UNAN)
- NGO Inclusive Development Organization (ODI)
- Niger’s Deaf Association (ASN)
- The Ministry of Health (MOH) National Programme of Prevention of Blindness (PNLCC) through the Regional Directorate of Public Health.
- Capacity building for partners;
- Monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented by partners;
- Updating the country situation analysis;
- Organising a baseline study within the framework of an inclusive community-based development programme.
- Capacity building for partners in the area of Disability and Inclusive Development (D&ID);
- Implementation of a multi-stakeholder inclusive community-based development programme (Karkara, ODI Niger, NIGETECH, CURE and Ministry of Public Health); it is a multi-sector program with three components including prevention and provision of services, capacity building of stakeholders, coordination, collection and sharing of best practices;
- Active participation in advocacy actions for inclusion of PWD’s needs in Development programs and policies:
• Advocacy with the National Institute for Statistics (INS) for the implementation of an inclusive general census of population and housing.
• Advocacy with the Permanent Secretariat of the PRSP and other stakeholders in order to make the PRSP inclusive.
• Advocacy with microfinance and micro-credit institutions for provision of services for all.