- © CBM
In 2003 CBM joined with the World Health Organization (WHO) to launch WWHearing (World-Wide Hearing Care for Developing Countries) with the aim of promoting the provision of affordable hearing aids and appropriate services.
What is WWHearing?
Creation of WWHearing
WWHearing aims to
- Encourage appropriate, affordable hearing aids and services
- Develop and publish 'Guidelines in Hearing Aids and Services for Developing Countries'
- Gather information on provision and need in developing countries
- Stimulate public-private partnerships (PPPs) in affected countries
- Promote projects for fitting, follow-up, repair and training
- Undertake studies to evaluate models for hearing aid service delivery in countries such as India and China