ISPO is a global multidisciplinary organisation aiming to improve the quality of life for persons who may benefit from prosthetic, orthotic, mobility and assistive devices by:
• Ensuring quality care and education of professionals for the benefit of patients around the world;
• Promoting research and evidence-based practice;
• Facilitating innovative and appropriate technology development;
• Promoting international collaboration and consensus building;
• Fostering exchange, high-quality knowledge and networking.
Its members include prosthetists and orthotists, prosthetic and orthotic (P&O) technicians, orthopaedic surgeons, rehabilitation doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, orthopaedic shoemakers, nurses and biomechanical/ rehabilitation engineers.
For over 40 years, ISPO has – primarily through its Member Societies (MS) – provided an effective platform for the exchange and communication on all aspects of the science, practice and education associated with the provision of prosthetic and orthotic care, rehabilitation engineering and related areas.
The Society now gathers more than 3,300 members in almost 100 countries and counts over 50 Member Societies.