CBM Vision Statement
An inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
CBM Mission Statement
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause, and a consequence, of disability, and works in partnership to create a society for all.
Our Core Values
CBM's work is founded on the core values inherited from our founder, Pastor Ernst Jakob Christoffel.
Our core values underpin the way in which we behave and go about our purpose. They are clearly expressed through our thinking, behaviour and decision making - together, they establish our working culture.
- Christianity - We aspire to follow the teachings of Jesus.
- Internationalism - We are an international organisation.
- Professionalism - We aim for quality in what we do.
- Integrity - We are good stewards of our resources.
- Communication - We communicate honestly and respectfully.
- Inclusion - We promote and practise inclusion. The physical environment, legislation, communication facilities and our thinking and attitudes all have the potential to exclude and isolate individuals or groups from mainstream society. CBM will endeavour both within the organisation and externally to identify barriers, and implement solutions which lead to a more inclusive society.
CBM 2023 Strategy
We have a vision to see an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. In order to achieve this we have developed our Federation-wide Strategy 2023.read more
Building an inclusive society
CBM works in the most disadvantaged societies, irrespective of race, gender or religion. CBM seeks to:
- Reduce the prevalence of diseases which cause impairments.
- Minimise the conditions which lead to disability.
- Promote equal opportunities for economic empowerment, livelihood security, and full inclusion in all aspects of society for persons with disabilities.