Feasibility Study: Cross-Border Inclusive Education Project in Diffa State, Niger and Yobe & Borno States in Nigeria
CBM expects a continuation of non-governmental development cooperation in Niger in 2024 and is continuing the planning of a new cross-border inclusive education project in Niger (Diffa) and Nigeria (Yobe, Borno) funded by BMZ Private Executing Agencies (Private Träger, PT). For this purpose, we are looking for an (international) consultancy firm to work in both countries and prepare a joint feasibility study.
The project aims to improve vocational and school education through disability-inclusive approaches in the border region of Niger (Diffa) and Nigeria (Yobe, Borno). It aims to strengthen peaceful coexistence in host communities on both sides of the border. Mutual migration flows triggered by violent unrest by non-state groups and conflicts between smallholder farmers, as well as the closure of refugee camps in Nigeria, are overstretching the capacities in host communities. The target groups are host communities, refugees/IDPs, returnees, youth and school-age children. Women and persons with disabilities are given special support:
- livelihoods are strengthened through income generating activities (incl. VSLA) and access to vocational training and counselling is improved (1);
- schooling is inclusive and safe (2);
- host communities have integration and protection mechanisms for peaceful coexistence (3).
- WASH basic services strengthen results.
The consultant(s) are expected to submit a technical and financial proposal including:
- A description of the consultancy firm,
- CV of suggested team members,
- An outline of the understanding of these TORs and suggested methodology,
- At least two (2) reading examples of previous evaluation reports or two references,
- A detailed work plan for the entire assignment,
- A detailed budget for the expected assignment shall include all costs expected to conduct a disability inclusive and participatory study, and taxes according to the rules and regulations of the consultants’ local tax authorities.
CBM reserves the right to terminate the contract in case the agreed consultant/s are unavailable at the start or during the assignment.
All expressions of interest should be submitted by email to: procurement.nigeria(at)cbm(dot)org latest by 09/10/2023.
For more information, please download the invitation for tender here.