Volunteer for Better Eye Health Care
Are you passionate about eliminating avoidable blindness?
Would you like to:
- Work in a CBM partner hospital for an extended period of time, but you are not yet sure if it is the right fit?
- Support colleagues in lower-resource settings?
- Share your expertise while learning from your colleagues?
- Use your annual leave on a voluntary activity?
CBM is looking for passionate people like you to volunteer on a short-term basis at our partner eye clinics. We offer two types of unpaid volunteer placements:
- Short-term (1-3 months): Work in an eye department of a CBM partner hospital
- Observer (2-4 weeks): Suitable for postgraduate students with at least 3 years of training or colleagues with relevant degrees who want to learn more about ophthalmology and working conditions in eye clinics in low-income countries. Observers will not do any clinical work.
We are considering the following professional groups:
- Postgraduate students of ophthalmology with at least 3 years of training
- Opticians / Optometrists
- Specialized eye nurse / ophthalmic theatre nurse
- Low vision experts/orthoptists
If you are interested in volunteering, please send us a letter of motivation, an updated CV/Resume, and proof of your professional qualifications (certificates and references) to: jobs-488(at)cbm.rexx-recruitment(dot)com CBM will contact you to process your application further.
Note: Before your departure, you must also fulfil the following requirements
- Medical registration in the host country (start process 6 months or more before departure)
- Medical insurance
- Business visa (with CBM support)
- Compliance with the CBM Code of Conduct and the CBM Safety Guidelines
What can you expect?
- Learn how to work in lower-resource settings
- Make a difference in regions with high demand for eye care services
*If you are interested in a long-term assignment as a CBM staff member, you can find vacancies at CBM Christian Blind Mission