Technical Advice on Inclusion
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) enshrines the rights of one billion people with disabilities and is ratified by over 190 countries worldwide. The convention requires states to ensure that all stakeholders uphold these rights and include people with disabilities in all spheres of their work.
CBM offers technical advice on inclusion to support organisations committed to including people with disabilities, based on the principles of the convention, in their area of work. We provide the service globally and can offer a country-specific perspective in collaboration with our country offices, partner organisations, or local organisations of persons with disabilities.
What we offer
We provide organisations with advice and training on how to:
- Develop disability-inclusive programming. We offer training on a range of topics including Disability Inclusive Development, Gender-Based Violence, Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction, or Inclusive Humanitarian Action, depending on the focus of your organisation.
- Strengthen disability inclusion within your organisation. This could include training on employment practices that are inclusive of people with disabilities, or support to review internal policies and processes.
The service is tailored to the needs of each organisation but could include capacity building workshops (virtual or face to face), support to develop inclusive internal policies, or assistance to create resources or guidance material on disability inclusion.
NB: training is provided in English.
Who is the service for?
We offer this service to a variety of organisations, including but not limited to:
- Mainstream development organisations
- Mainstream disaster and humanitarian organisations
- UN agencies
- Government agencies
- Development cooperation agencies
- Private sector agencies
CBM does not charge organisations for this advice, but you may need a budget for any additional resources required, or for transport and accommodation if the training takes place in person.
If you would like to work with us to make your work more disability inclusive, contact us for a consultation: inclusionadvisoryservices(at)cbm(dot)org